Indian Railways news update: Minister of Railways Shri Suresh Prabhu in a programme held at Rail Bhawan flagged off and dedicated following new trains services to the nation. It was done through video-conferencing : –
- Inauguration of Tr. No. 13205/13206 Danapur-Saharsa ‘Janhit Express’ (Daily)
- Extension of Tr. No. 15283/15284 Jaynagar-Saharsa Janki Express Upto Katihar (Daily)
- Extension of Tr. No. 18697/18698 Patna-Murliganj Koshi Express upto Purnea Court (Daily).
- Extension of 53581/53582 Jasidih-Chandan Passenger train upto Banka. (First Passenger Train between newly constructed Chandan-Banka line)
Minister of State for Railways Shri Manoj Sinha was also present to grace the occasion. At New Delhi end, Member of Parliament, Lok Sabha from Khagaria, Bihar, Shri Choudhary Mehboob Ali Kaiser, Member Traffic Railway Board Shri Mohd. Jamshed and other Board Members were among those present on the occasion.
Speaking on the occasion, Minister of Railways Shri Suresh Prabhu said that the rail transport is cheapest and commonly used mode in India. He said that the Railways aims at connecting all citizens of the country with one another through extension and commissioning of new railways lines. He said that new trains services in these areas will improve socio-economic condition of the people of Bihar State for which they are entitled to.
Speaking on the occasion, Minister of State for Railways Shri Manoj Sinha said that Indian Railways is rapidly in process to reach to the expectations of the citizens of the country. He further said that Railways is aware of the fact that Bihar being area-wise a very big State and therefore needs extensive railway lines and today’s flagging off/extension of new trains is a step in the direction to provide better connectivity to the State of Bihar.
SALIENT FEATURES OF THE SERVICES LAUNCHED : –
- Introduction 13205/13206 Danapur-Saharsa Janhit Express (Daily)
|13205 DANAPUR-SAHARSA EXPRESS||↓STATION↑||13206 SAHARSA- DANAPUR EXPRESS|
|241 Km||Distance||241 Km|
|39.6 Kmph||Average Speed||36.5 Kmph|
Composition: SLR-2, GS-09, GSCZAC-1, GSCN-1= 13 coaches
Journey time: From Danapur to Saharsa: 06hrs. 05 mins
From Saharsa to Danapur : 06 hrs. 40 mins
Stoppages: Patliputra, Hajipur, Barauni, Begusarai, Khagaria, Mansi
Primary Maintenance: Danapur
Nature of service: Express
- Extension (on the Banmankhi-Purnea gauge converted section)
(i) Extension of 15283/15284 Jaynagar-Saharsa Janki Express upto Katihar
|15284 Jaynagar-Katihar Janki Express||↓Station ↑||15283 Katihar- Jaynagar Janki Express|
Stoppage on extended portion: Dauram Madhepura, Banmankhi
(ii) Extension of 18697/18698 Patna- Murliganj Koshi Express upto Purnea court
|18698 Patna-Purnea Court Koshi Express||↓ Station ↑||18697 Purnea Court-Patna Koshi Express|
Stoppages over extended portion: Banmankh
The Indian Railways, today, introduced a train service on a newly constructed section between Chandan and Banka, about 40 Kms, by extending 53581/53582 Jasidih-Chandan Passenger upto Banka. The train services would be inaugurated today (i.e. on 22.06.2016) by Minister of Railways by Remote Flagging from Rail Bhavan, New Delhi.
The abstract schedule including timings, composition, stoppages etc. of the train service to be introduced is as under:
- Extension of 53581/53582 Jasidih-Chandan Passenger upto Banka(First Passenger Train between Chandan and Banka)
|53581 Jasidih-Banka Passenger||↓||Station||↑||53582 Banka-Jasidih Passenger|
|Approved timings||Approved timings|
- Days of run: Ex-JSME – 6 days a week
Ex-BAKA – 6 days a week
- Journey time:
- From Jasidih to Banka: 01 hrs. 50 mins
- From Banka to Jasidih: 01 hrs. 50 mins
- Stoppages on extended portion: Bhalua Halt, Katoriya, Karjhausa and Kakbara Halt.
- Primary Maintenance: Jasidih (ER)
- Nature of Service: Passenger
IndianBureaucracy.com wishes the very best.