Shri S. Mookerjee has taken over yesterday i.e. 01/10/2015 as the new Financial Commissioner (FC) (Railways) and ex-officio Secretary to the Government of India. He takes charge after Smt. Rajalakshmi Ravi Kumar retired as FC on superannuation on 30.09.2015. Prior to this posting, Shri S. Mookerjee was posted as Director General, National Academy of Indian Railways(NAIR), Vadodara.
An officer of Indian Railway Accounts Service (IRAS) of 1978 examination batch, Shri S. Mookerjee completed his BA from University of Delhi, B.Sc. (Physics Hons.) from St. Xavier’s College, Calcutta University and Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) from Motilal Nehru Institute of Research and Business Administration, University of Allahabad.
During his career, Sh. Mookerjee has worked on various higher and middle level management posts on the Indian Railways like F.A. & C.A.O., Eastern Railway, Kolkata, in-charge of Financial Management, Adviser Finance (Expenditure), Railway Board and Executive. Director, Finance (Expenditure), Railway Board, responsible for Ministry of Railway’s Capital Budget, Divisional Railway Manager, N.F. Railway, Tinsukia dealing with all General Management and Operations, General Manager(Finance), Deptt of Telecommunication, West Bengal Circle, Kolkata (on deputation), in-charge for Financial & Revenue Management.
His core competence is on Information Technology & Computer Applications, Financial Management and Policy.
Some of major achievements of Shri S. Mookerjee include –
· Conceptualization & development of Railway Museum-cum-Heritage Park at Tinsukia, as DRM, Tinsukia
· Development of specification of Self Printing Ticket Machines (SPTMs) with special reference to Accountals during 1993-94.
· Computerization of Parcel Handling & Management at Howrah during 2002-03, as ADRM/HWH, which has now been rolled out on all India basis
· Setting up of entire Finance, Accounts & Statistical Branches in East Coast Railway, Bhubaneswar from the date of operation, i.e. 1.4.2003, including integrated wide-area network (WAN) based data centre for the entire Zonal Railway named IPAS. This system, web-enabled, is now in operation in 5 Zonal Railways and has been sanctioned by Board for implementation in all Zones.
· Development of LAN based computerized project management package “LARSYS”, implemented in E. Railway’s Construction Department.
His interests are Railway Heritage, Photography, trekking and music.
IndianBureaucracy.com wishes the very best.