A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between Pusa Krishi, ICAR-Indian Agricultural Research Institute, and Start-up Incubation & Innovation Centre (SIIC), IIT Kanpur. The MoU aims to provide vital support to incubators and start-ups, fostering their growth and success in the agriculture sector. The collaboration is expected to create a conducive environment for start-ups to thrive, contributing meaningfully to the agriculture industry. Both Pusa Krishi and SIIC IIT Kanpur expressed their commitment to exploring and establishing further collaborations for advancements and innovations in agriculture.
- Signatories: The MoU was signed virtually by Dr. Viswanathan Chinnusamy, Joint Director (Research) at IARI, and Professor Ankush Sharma from the Department of Electrical Engineering at SIIC IIT Kanpur.
- Support for Start-ups: The collaboration aims to provide support and encouragement to start-ups in the agriculture sector, leveraging the combined expertise and resources of both organizations.
- Conducive Environment: Pusa Krishi and SIIC IIT Kanpur are dedicated to creating an environment that promotes innovation and growth in the farming sector through collaborative efforts.
- Future Collaborations: The organizations expressed their commitment to exploring and establishing additional collaborations to drive advancements and innovations in agriculture.
- Promotion of Innovative Activities: Professor Ankush Sharma emphasized that the partnership will promote innovative activities in the farming sector through collaborative efforts, utilizing the expertise and resources of both organizations.
- Research Collaborations: Dr. Viswanathan Chinnusamy highlighted the importance of collaborations in research, emphasizing that such partnerships help start-ups and incubators. He expressed satisfaction with signing the MoU with SIIC IIT.
- Overall Development: Dr. Akriti Sharma concluded the virtual ceremony by stating that collaborations with tech-innovators like IIT Kanpur are crucial for the overall development of the agriculture sector. She mentioned that this is just the beginning, and future collaborations are planned for the sector’s growth.
This collaboration signifies the commitment of both institutions to fostering innovation and growth in the agriculture sector, contributing to the development of agricultural technologies and solutions.