Department of Youth Affairs undertook various initiatives during the ‘Swachhta Pakhwara’ from Aug 16-31, 2016. In this, nationwide network of 36 Lakh NSS volunteers in schools and colleges and 86 lakh NYKS youth club members across the nation participated. Date-wise action plan was prepared by National Service Scheme(NSS) and Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan(NYKS) and implemented.
- During the fortnight, NYKS organised Environment Building Activities like Quiz competitions, Painting and Poster making, Essay and Slogan writing and Street Plays etc throughout the country. Also, NYKS organised ‘Door to door campaigns’ in the villages on ODF and Swachhta; Intensive cleaning of Villages including Schools, Anganwadis; Cleaning of Public Institutions and public places and public statues.
- In addition, an MoU was signed on 30.08.2016 between MoUD and NYKS in august presence ofShri M. Venkaiah Naidu, Hon’ble Minister of Urban Development, Govt. of India & Shri Rao Inderjit Singh, Hon’ble State Minister of Urban Development. As per the MoU, NYKS will mobilize youth to undertake awareness generation campaigns, physical Swachhta activities, social media campaign and other cleanliness activities to bring about behavioral change regarding healthy sanitation & waste management under Swachh Bharat Mission. Project would be in 9 pilot Urban Local Bodies of the National Capital Region with a budget of Rs. 4.70 Crore
- NSS organized Seminars, Swachhta rallies, campaigns and Swachhta Shapath, cleaning of welfare institutions, intensive cleaning of adopted villages and slums.
- About two lakh programmes were organized by NYKS and NSS all over the country.
- A special Cleanlinee Awareness Drive was Organised in Delhi on Ist September 2016 to mark the successful completion of the nationwide ‘Swachhta Pakhwara’. More than 30000 students and youth were out on the streets to convey the message of Swachhta to general public through placards and action on ground.
IndianBureaucracy.com wishes the very best.