Shri Vinod Kumar Yadav IRSEE (Indian Railway Service of Electrical Engineers) (1982) presently GM- South Central Railway, has been appointed as Chairman, Railway Board ,Ministry of Railways, and ex-officio Principal Secretary to Government of India vice Shri Ashwani Lohani.
Shri Yadav has held several important executive and managerial positions in Indian Railways, United Nations Industrial Development Organisation, Union Ministry of Industry, Indian Railway Construction Company Limited, Dedicated Freight Corridor Corporation and Rail Vikas Nigam Limited. He has also served as the Divisional Railway Manager, Lucknow Division, North Eastern Railway; Additional Divisional Railway Manager (Operation), Delhi Division, Northern Railway; Group General Manager (Electrical), Dedicated Freight Corridor Corporation of India Limited.
He also held assignments as Programme Manager, Technology Diffusion and Support Programme and as Project Director, International Centre for Advancement of Manufacturing Technology at United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) and as Director, Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion, Ministry of Industry, Government of India.
Ten things to know about Shri VK Yadav, the Chairman Railway Board(CRB)
- Shri Yadav hails from Gorakhpur
- Did his electrical engineering from Allahabad University
- Did an MBA from Australia’s La Trobe University
- Is 1982 batch Indian Railway Service of Electrical Engineers (IRSEE) Officer , began his career in Indian Railways as an Asst Electrical Engineer
- Has been on deputation to Government of India as Director- DIPP
- Has been Project Director in International Centre for Advancement of Manufacturing Technology at UN Industrial Development Organization
- Till his appointment as CRB, he was General Manager of South Central Railway headquartered in Secunderabad
- Has served as the Divisional Railway Manager, Lucknow Division
- Rank is equivalent to Principal Secretary –GoI
- Has served as Group General Manager (electrical) in Dedicated Freight Corridor Corporation of India Ltd
Indian Bureaucracy Dot Com wishes Shri Vinod Kumar Yadav the very best.