PIB News Update: Minister of Textiles, Smriti Zubin Irani has informed that The Government implements the following schemes for promotion, revival and development of Handicrafts sector including female artisans through National Handicraft Development Programme (NHDP) and Comprehensive Handicrafts Cluster Development Scheme (CHCDS) to emphasize integrated approach for development of handicraft in a holistic manner. In the state of Haryana following activities have been undertaken for overall development of artisan:
- One women cluster has been adopted under Cluster Development Mentorship Programme benefitting 500 artisans directly at Gannaur Sub- Division Distt. Sonipat in the state of Haryana.
- Approximately 32,000 artisans have been enrolled under PAHACHAN initiative in the state of Haryana.
The National Handicraft Development Programme has following components:
- Base Line Survey & Mobilization of Artisans under Ambedkar Hastshilp Vikas Yojana,
- Design & Technology Up gradation,
- Human Resource Development ,
- Direct Benefit to Artisans,
- Infrastructure and Technology Support,
- Research and Development,
- Marketing Support & Services.
The Comprehensive Handicrafts Cluster Development Scheme (CHCDS) has following components:
- Mega Cluster
- Special projects under Integrated Development and Promotion of Handicraft (IDPH).
The state–wise details of women artisans under the PAHACHAN scheme are given below:
|1||Andaman & Nicobar||1477|
|12||Jammu & Kashmir||50036|