Shri M R Kumar presently Zonal Manager (In-charge), North Zone, LIC, New Delhi, has been appointed as Chairman, Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) for a period of five years . Shri Kumar was holding the position of Executive Director of Pension & Group Schemes at Central Office, Mumbai for three years and was also looking after Social Security Schemes of Govt of India viz., Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) and Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY).
Ten Things to know about the New LIC Chairman MK Kumar:
- Joined LIC as a Direct Recruit Officer in 1983.
- Has served in all the important positions of Life Insurance Industry
- Served as Branch Head in Urban & Rural areas
- Served as Sales & Marketing Manager in Metropolitan Area
- Was In-charge of Ahmedabad & Ernakulam Divisions
- Was ED- Pension & Group Schemes and Personnel Dept
- Served as Zonal Head of three Zones viz, Southern (Chennai), North Central(Kanpur) and North (New Delhi)
- Has served on the Board of Tamilnadu Newsprints & Papers Limited
- Board Member of India Cements Limited
- Has worked with LIC was 34 years
Indian Bureaucracy Dot Com wishes Shri MR Kumar the very best.