The Press Information Bureau is taking new initiatives to increase the information dissemination about IFFI 2015 particularly by utilising the potential of social media like Twitter, Facebook and YouTube. Briefing about the media arrangements made for IFFI 2015, ADG PIB, Ms Ira Joshi informed that this year the social media will be used to increase the participation and involvement of media and film critics across the country as well as abroad. This will help to create synergy amongst various channels of media and facilitate real time interaction as well as real time information dissemination during the press conferences. She was speaking at the curtain raiser press conference of IFFI 2015 held at IFFI Media Centre at Maquinez Palace in Panjim, Goa .
Ms Ira Joshi said that the following are thenew initiatives being taken upthis year-
• Live streaming of press conferences on PIB You Tube and simultaneous Question and Answer(Q&A) sessions on PIB Facebook/ PIB Twitter to enlist larger participation in press conferences
• PIB has already organized a Facebook Q&A on IFFI with renowned film critic/journalist Shri Utpal Borpujari on 12 November 2015 as a part of pre-event build up.
• Similarly, PIB also organized Twitter Chat on IFFI with noted film critic/journalist Shri Saibal Chatterjee on 17 November 2015.
• A series of Twitter Chats with Film Personalities will be organized during the festival.
• Special Video Playlist on IFFI Movie trailers is being created on PIB YouTube Channel
• PIB will also be inviting questions on Twitter and Facebook from foreign media as well as foreign film critics to make the press conferences more interactive and broadbased specially in case of foreign films.