200 students hospitalised after gas leakage in Delhi
Over 200 students and 9 teachers of a school located in Delhi’s Tughlakabad area were admitted to hospital following complaints of eye irritation due to gas leakage from a nearby container depot.
Our correspondent reports that students of Rani Jhansi School were taken to a nearby hospital for medical aid.Talking to media, DCP, South East, Romil Baniya said, no student is critical and the students who felt better after treatment have been handed over to their parents. He also said, it is a case of negligence, and hazardous substance was not handled properly and action will be taken.
Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia said, he has spoken to students and doctors, and situation is under control. He asserted that District Magistrate has been asked to investigate into the matter.
Union Health Minister J P Nadda has said, all Central government hospitals have been instructed to be ready to help all victims of Delhi gas leak incident.