Shri Ch S S Mallikarjuna Rao, 57, has been appointed as Managing Director & CEO of Punjab National Bank . Earlier, he was the Chief Executive of Allahabad Bank and comes with 34+ years of banking experience behind him . His banking experience ranges from manual branch banking to core networked banking, rural orientation to Metro working, experience in extending traditional vanilla banking products to technology oriented, automated process driven banking products including a 2 yr stint as ED- Syndicate Bank.
We have compiled a short “10 Things to Know” about Shri SS Mallikarjuna Rao:
- Born 22.01.1962
- Bachelor Degree in Science and Law
- Certified Associate of Indian Institute of Bankers (CAIIB)
- Was Executive Director of Syndicate Bank for 2 years.
- Started career in 1985 as Probationary Officer with Bank of Maharashtra
- Held position as GM & CFO in Oriental Bank of Commerce.
- Worked as AVP in erstwhile Global Trust Bank
- Punjab National Bank will go into merger (UBI and OBC with PNB) under his stewardship
- Completed Basic Mountaineering Course, Uttarakashi and Life member of IAS , Hyderabad, YHAI, ASCI, Hyderabad
- “C” Certificate in NCC – Army Wing
Team IndianBureaucracy.com wishes him the very best.