PIB News Update: Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Development of North-Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh has informed that It is proposed to set up a special dedicated desk of Invest India for North Eastern Region. The desk will take up investment targeting, promotion, facilitation and website development for North Eastern States.
The facilities that are proposed be extended to the NER are :–
- Information provision
- Targeting support
- Facilitation support
- State training and capacity building
- Creation and structuring of state investment teams
- Advisory for states for their investment summits/roundtables
- Investors targeting support
All the above activities will be done in close coordination with the State Governments.
The following activities have already been initiated: –
- A workshop on ‘Accelerating Investment and Industrial Development in the North East Region’ was organized at Guwahati on 30th November, 2019 with participation of senior officers from all the North Eastern States.
- A team within Invest India has been identified to help with the activities of the desk.
- Development of the promotional website/portal has been initiated. A project has been undertaken to identify two-three most prominent industrial clusters in each of the eight NE States.