24×7 Medical Clinics launched at 1Rupee in 14 Mumbai Railway Stations
The Central Railway has teamed up with medical consultant organisation Magicdil to launch “One Rupee Clinics” in all major central railway stations in Mumbai. These will be provided in Emergency Medical Rooms (EMRs).
- These clinics will be open 24×7.
- They will provide swift medical assistance to rail accident victims for a token charge of Rs 1.
- They will have three to four MBBS doctors.
- They will be accompanied by pharmacies and pathology clinics.
- Blood pressure and blood sugar checkups are also provided at discounted prices (BP check is free).
The installation of EMRs was thanks to the efforts of rail activist Samir Zaveri. Mr Zaveri’s PIL in the Bombay High Court on the issue of lack of prompt medical help in case of accidents on railway tracks resulted in the Court ordering the Railways to set up EMRs at all stations on the Central and Western Line in a phased manner.
Along with One Rupee Clinic, there will also be a Magicdil Pharmacy at every station. These pharmacies will provide 10% to 21% discount on all medicines and also a Magicdil Pathology Clinic which will provide 10% to 40% discount on all tests.