The Minister of Railways, Shri Suresh Prabhu, in a programme held i.e. on 14.12.2016 at Rail Bhawan dedicated to the nation the following services through Video-Conferencing :
1. Inauguration of Gauge Converted Rail Track of Bhojipura – Pilibhit
2. Flag off of Train No. 55382 Pilibhit-Bhojipura-Bareilly City Passenger on Guage Converted Track of Bhojipura – Pilibhit
Minister of Communication (Independent Charge) Shri Manoj Sinha, was specially present to grace the occasion. Chairman, Railway Board, Shri A. K. Mital, Member Traffic, Railway Board Mohd. Jamshed, other Railway Board Members and senior officials were also present on the occasion at Rail Bhawan end. Smt. Maneka Sanjay Gandhi Union Minister for Women and Child Development and Local Members of Parliament were also present to grace the flag off function at Pilibhit Railway Station.
Speaking on the occasion, Minister of Railways Shri Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu said that Pilibhit and Bareilly are large districts which have historic importance; and a large chunk of people commute between these two commercial cities for the purpose of their livelihood. He said that this new broad gauge line and new train service will benefit the daily commuters to a large extent. He further said that at present there are 64 ongoing projects in the State of UP which on completion will depict the image of UP as a most developing and leading State.
Speaking on the occasion, Minister of Communication (Independent Charge) Shri Manoj Sinha, said that this was a long standing demand of the people of the region for a broad-gauge line between this section. He said that Uttar Pradesh is a State full of potential and an improved railway network will the help the people of UP to explore its full potential in order to achieve a good economic and social status.
The schedule including timings, stoppages etc. of the train service is as under:
The gauge conversion work for Bhojipura-Philibhit-Tanakpur Section (107.79 Kms) was sanctioned in the year 2007-08. The revised cost for the gauge conversion work is 450 Crore. Indian Railways introduces 01 pair of passenger train between Bareilly City and Pilibhit via Izzatnagar and 04 pairs of passenger trains between Izzatnagar and Pilibhit (total 05 pairs) on newly Gauge Converted Bareilly City-Bhojipura-Pilibhit section (39.03Kms). This will link Bareilly City and Pilibhit via Izzatnagar.
Tentative timings of the trains are as under:
|Train No.||↓ Station ↑||Train No.|
|21.24/ 21.30||18.32/ 18.37||13.57/ 14.00||11.24/ 11.29||07.33/ 07.35||Bhojipura||08.24/08.22||11.50/11.45||14.46/14.41||18.28/18.26||22.10/ 22.08|
1. Primary maintenance – Lalkuan.
2. Composition – 8 General Seating + 2 Seating cum Luggage Rake = 10 Coaches.
Bhojipura- Pilibhit gauge conversion Project
Gauge Conversion of Bhojipura – Pilibhit (39 km) section of Bhojipura- Tanakpur (102 km) project.
1. Year of Sanction : 2007-08
2. Anticipated cost : Rs 180.0 Cr. approx. part of
Rs 450.0 Cr for Bhojipura-Tanakpur
3. Districts covered : Bareilly & Pilibhit
4. Stations : 07 Nos
(a) Junction : 02 Nos (Bhojipura & Pilibhit)
(b) Crossing : 03 Nos (Sethal, Bijauria & Shahi)
(c) Halt : 02 Nos (Dibnapur & Lalaurikhera)
5. Level Crossings : 24 Nos.
6. Bridges : 51 Nos
(a) Major Bridge : 07 No
(b) Minor Bridge : 44 Nos
· This gauge conversion project was sanctioned in 2007-08 with a total length of 102 km and latest anticipated cost is Rs. 450 Cr. Out of this, 39 km long Bhojipura- Pilibhit is being opened today and approximate cost of this work is Rs. 180 Cr.
· There are 3 crossing stations and 2 halt stations between Bhojipura and Pilibhit. Bareilly and Pilibhit districts will be the direct beneficiaries of this project. Transportation of food grain, fertilizers in addition to passenger services is going to help economy of the region.
· With the rapid commissioning of Kanpur- Kasganj- Bareilly and Bareilly- Lalkuan gauge conversion projects, Bhojipura- Tanakpur section got cut off from adjacent sections. Therefore gauge conversion of this section became an immediate priority. Work on balance section i.e. Pilibhit- Tanakpur is also in progress.
· Railways have laid great emphasis on projects in Uttar Pradesh. There are as many as 62 ongoing projects in the state and the aggregate length of these projects is 6500 km.
· Outlay for projects in UP has been increased substantially in the last 3 years. The average annual outlay for projects in UP from 2009 to 2014 was Rs. 1100 Cr. This has been enhanced to Rs. 3400 Cr based upon average of the last three budgets. In 2016-17 alone, railways allotted Rs 5369 Cr for projects falling partly or fully in UP.