Shri Ram Vilas Paswan, Union Minister of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution has congratulated the FCI employees for introduction of Pension and Post-Retirement Medical Schemes. He said that the Government has accepted the long pending demand of employees so that their families can lead dignified life after post retirement. The Minister was interacting a delegation of the employees of FCI here today. The delegation called on the Minister to express gratitude for the benefits introduced by the Government.
Sri Paswan said besides modernisation of food grain management infrastructure at FCI, the Government is committed to improve working condition for employees. Before the recent decision the employees were getting only provident fund and gratuity at the time of retirement.
He said FCI has made significant achievements in recent past, it could be possible because of contribution of the employees. These achievements include:
- The storage losses of wheat and rice have come down from 0.17% in 2013-14 to gain 0.15% in 2015-16. The net saving on this account has been Rs.327 crores.
- The transit losses of wheat and rice have also reduced from 0.46% in 2013-14 to 0.38% in 2015-16. The resultant saving on this account is Rs.138 crores.
- Saving of Rs.173 cores towards demurrage and wharfage in 2014-15 and 2015-16 compared to that of in 2013-14.
- Emphasis for increase in procurement in eastern States of U.P., Bihar, West Bengal, Assam has resulted in improved procurement of rice from 34.28 lakhs MT in 2013-14 to 70.49 lakh MT in 2015-16.
- Procurement of URS wheat of 266 lakh MT in RMS 2015-16 to avoid distress to the farmers and its disposal through normal channel on priority.
- Strict enforcement of FIFO principle has resulted in liquidation of earlier crop year stocks. The present stock in Central Pool is only two years old.
Focus on preservation and maintenance of stocks has reduced the damage from 24695 MT in 2013-14 to 3115 MT in 2015-16.
- Smooth implementation of NFSA in 34 States/UTs.
- Commencement of sale under OMSS(D) through e-auction platform.
- Thrust in creation of silo capacity of 100 lakh MT till March, 2020.
Selection of operators in six places covering 2.50 lakh MT capacity is over. Tender for another twenty six locations floated, for 13.5 lakh MT capacity.
- Implementation of depot online module in 485 depots of FCI enabling transaction view, on real time basis.
- Saving in interest cost of Rs.808 crores in 2014-15 and Rs.749 crores in 2015-16 through Sound Debt Management.
- Ensuring uninterrupted supply of foodgrains in North East during Railway mega block from October, 2014 to April, 2015 in first phase & up to February, 2016 in second phase.
- Recruitment of 5200 Category III, 374 Category II & 22 Category I employees during 2015-16.
He expressed hope that the decision of promoting welfare of the employee will help to improve efficiency of the organisation further.