PIB News Update: It is that time of the year again when the people of the country stand together with pride humming the national anthem to respect the chronicled accomplishment of Indian Independence of 1947. Indias struggle to freedom is a significant chapter in the nations history and holds a value greater than any significant event of the past. The celebration of this day i.e. 15th August is marked by Prime Ministers hoisting of the Indian tricolour flag in countrys capital city New Delhi, and all across States and Union Territories and at the India Missions across the globe.
As the nation equips to commend its 74th Independence Day on the 15th of August 2020, Ministry of Tourism as part of its Dekho Apna Desh webinar series has lined up five webinars to commemorate and honour nations most significant day. These webinars will collectively touch upon themes encompassing the freedom movement, places significant to it and pioneers who had a notable participation in helping India secure its independence.
The webinar details are as follows:
- On 8th of August 2020 (Saturday) is the Memoirs of 1857: A Prelude to Independence by Ms. Nidhi Bansal, CEO, India City Walks & India With Locals and Dr. Soumi Roy, Head of Operations, IWL &IHW. Participants can register for the webinar on https:/ /bit.ly/Memoirsof1857
- On 10th of August 2020 (Monday) is the ‘Cellular Jail: Letters, Memoirs and Memories by Ms. Nidhi Bansal, CEO, India City Walks & India With Locals, Dr. Soumi Roy, Head of Operations, IWL & IHW and Ms.Somrita Sengupta, City Explorer, India City Walks.
- On 12th of August 2020 (Wednesday) is the ‘ Lesser known stories of Indias struggle for Independence by Mrs. Akila Raman and Ms. Nayantara Nayar from Storytrails
- On 14th of August 2020 (Friday) is the ‘Jallianwala Bagh: A turning point in the Freedom struggle by Ms. Kishwar Desai, Chairperson, The Partition Museum, Amritsar.
- On 15th of August 2020 (Saturday) is the ‘Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel- Architect of United India by Mr. Sanjay Joshi, Addl. Collector & Chief Manager, Statue of Unity, Government of Gujarat.
- All sessions will commence from 11:00 AM till 12:00 PM.
While trying to keep up with social distancing and observe the guidelines of the lockdown, Ministry of Tourism has empowered the utilization of virtual medium to commend this significant event where anyone will have the option to join the meetings by means of National e-Governance Departments web-based conferencing site. The details for registration are available on the websites incredibleindia.org, tourism.gov.in and the social media handles of Incredible India.