The Monitoring Committee constituted by the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change for overseeing outbreak of H5N8 avian influenza, reviewed the control and containment of the avian influenza situation .
Mortality Status within 24 hours:
National Zoological Park, New Delhi – Nil
Deer Park, Hauz Khas, New Delhi – 02 Ducks
Gwalior Zoo – 06 Painted Storks
The control and containment measures of avian influenza in the affected zoos are being continued, which include:
- Surveillance continues and the zoo is being screened regularly for any dead bird.
- Bio-security measures being strictly enforced.
- Zoo remained closed for the safety of visitors and control of the disease.
- A team of doctors from Animal Husbandry Department visited Delhi Zoo for monitoring.
- A team of medical doctors visited and examined exposed employees of the zoo and medication was provided.