Indian Railways is implementing the following measures to minimize the accidents on railway tracks specially in Mumbai:-
• Announcements are being made through PA system and also given wide publicity in mass media by concerned department about the impending dangers and resultant penalties.
• Railway Protection Force/ Railway Protection Special Force staff are deployed at various locations to check trespassing.
• Hooters are blown by RPF at the suspect trespassing points to prevent trespassing.
• “Anmol Jeevan’-a concerted effort by School children, NGOs, RPF and commercial departments- is organized at regular intervals for the awareness of passengers.
• Drives named “Track Suraksha Jeevan Raksha” by RPF and “Naya Jeevan Nayi Aasha” by Commercial department have been launched over suburban section of Mumbai with the help of NGOs, scouts and Lion Club etc.
• Unauthorized entry and exit points are being blocked.
• Necessary signboards/posters regarding “Do not cross railway line” & “Don’t travel on roof top/foot board” are in place on platforms/ station premises, for the awareness of passengers.
• Regular drives are conducted against trespassers under the provisions of the Railways Act, 1989.
IndianBureaucracy.com wishes the very best.