India is showcasing during the Bahrain International Airshow being held at Sakhir Airbase, Bahrain from 21-23 January 2016, its state-of-the-art airborne platforms and associated sensors and communication systems designed and developed by DRDO (Defence Research & Development Organization, Ministry of Defence, Govt of India). DRDO, along with some of its production partners is displaying India’s strength in advanced defence technology areas, with the aim of exploring the potential of exporting these advanced systems to friendly countries in the region.
The show will witness flying demonstration of the ‘Tejas’ the latest and state of the art Light Combat Aircraft, the ‘Four plus’ generation and highly cost effective fighter aircraft. It is noteworthy that for the first time LCA- Tejas will be flying outside the country’s airspace at the Bahrain airshow to create history.
Team Sarang of the Indian Air Force (IAF) will be showcasing the nation’s prowess by flying ALH Dhruv helicopter designed & developed by HAL during the Bahrain Airshow.
The other indoor Exhibits (scale down models) of DRDO for the Bahrain International Airshow 2016 include:-
- LCA Fighter, LCA Navy, LCA Trainer
- NAG: Anti-Tank Guided Missile
- HELINA: Helicopter Launched NAG Missile
- AKASH: Surface to Air Missile System
- HMS-X2: Compact Hull Mounted Sonar
- ATDS-X: Advanced Torpedo Defence System
- UWACS Micro: UWACS Test System & Simulator
- UWACS Triton: Underwater Communication System
- HUMTAS-X: Hull Mounted Torpedo Alert System
- LFDS-X: Low Frequency Dunking Sonar
- AEW&C: Air Borne Early Warning and Control System
- ASLESHA: 3D Low Level Light Weight Radar
- BHARANI: 2D Low Level Light Weight Radar
- BFSR: Battle Field Surveillance Radar