A team of officer comprising of the following members has been constituted by Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, to visit selected districts of western Uttar Pradesh particularly Meerut and Muzaffarnagar to study status of irrigation development and implementation of Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojna. The members are:
1) Shri C.M. Pandey, Addl. Commissioner, Deptt. Of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare.
2) Shri G.N. Sharma, Consultant, (MGNREGA), Ministry of Rural Development.
3) Dr. Pritam Singh, Asst. Commissioner, Department of Land ResourcesG.N. Sharma.
4) Sh. Saroj Singh,Addl.Director(Agri.) Government of Uttar Pradesh.
5) Dr. Munish Kumar, SSo(SLUSI), IARI, New Delhi.
The team will visit the villages namely Mukundpur, Kharad, Bhora Kalan, Kuba, Barwala, Mandi and Gangdheli of Muzzafarnagar Districts on 14.06.2016 and 15.06.2016 and submit the report at the earliest. The terms of reference of the visit are:-
a) To assess the existing water bodies, farm ponds and other sources of irrigation in the districts;
b) The review implementation of various components of PMKSY;
c) To suggest various measures for improving ground water recharge in the Dark/Grey blocks;
d) To study the feasibility of promoting Micro Irrigation and linking with available sources of water; and
e) To assess the irrigation requirement in sugarcane areas, the water use efficiency for sugarcane crop and measures to promote precision irrigation in sugarcane farms.