President of India to confer the Awards at Vigyan Bhavan : Awards to be given in Non-Feature Film, Feature Film category and Best Writing on Cinema The 62nd National Film Awards function will be held tomorrow, 3rd May at Vigyan Bhawan. The Awards will be given away by the Hon’ble President of India. Union Minister of Finance, Corporate Affairs and Information & Broadcasting, Shri Arun Jaitley and Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting, Shri Rajyavardhan Rathore will also be present on the occasion.The highlights of the 62nd National Film Awards are as follows:
- A total of 21 Awards will be given by the Honourable President in the Non-Feature film category while the number of awards in Feature Film category is 45. Three Awards will be given to Best Writing on Cinema.
- The Award for the Best Feature Film will be given to Court (Marathi, Hindi, Gujarati & English) produced by Zoo Entertainment Pvt. Ltd. and directed by Chaitanya Tamhane.
- Indira Gandhi Award for Best Debut Film of a Director will be given to Asha Jaoar Majhe (Bengali) Directed by Aditya Vikram Sengupta and Producer: F.O.R Films Pvt. Ltd.
- The Award for the Best Popular Film providing Wholesome Entertainment will be given to Mary Kom (Hindi) produced by Viacom 18 Motion Pictures and Directed by Omung Kumar.
- The Award for the Best Film on Social Issues to be given to Chotoder Chobi (Bengali) produced by Shree Venkatesh Films Pvt. Ltd. and Directed by Kaushik Ganguly
- The Award for the Best Director will be given to Shri Srijit Mukherji for the Film Chotushkone(Bengali).
- The Award for the Best Actor will be given to Shri Vijay for the film Nanu Avanalla Avalu (Kannada) and the Award for the Best Actress to be given to Ms. Kangana Ranaut for the film, Queen (Hindi).
IndianBureaucracy.com wishes the very best.