A Memorandum of Understanding signed in February, 2010 between Indian Railways and Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD) will provide for development of educational facilities for wards of railway employees as well as of children living in the vicinity of railway habitations, envisages setting up of 50 Civil Sector Kendriya Vidyalayas by Ministry of HRD on the land to be provided by Railways during 11th and 12th Plan periods.
In pursuance of the same, Ministry of HRD has sanctioned 12 new Kendriya Vidyalayas namely at:
- Carriage Repair Workshop Harnaut (Bihar),
- Cast Wheel Plant, Bela (Bihar),
- Railway Campus, Nanded (Maharashtra),
- Railway Campus, Rangiya (Assam),
- Freeland Ganj Railway Colony, Dahod (Gujarat),
- Krishnarajapuram Diesel Loco Shed Colony,Bangalore (Karnataka),
- Shakurbasti, West Punjabi Bagh (Delhi),
- Bandel Railway Colony, Hooghly (West Bengal),
- Angul (Odisha),
- Golden Rock, Tiruchirapally (Tamil Nadu),
- Rail Coach Factory, Raebareily (Uttar Pradesh) and
- Jhajha, Jamui (Bihar)
IndianBureaucracy.com wishes that many more such mutually beneficial tie-ups can come between different ministries to help make the life a little easy for a common man.