Gurgaon-based Artificial Intelligence startup, Staqu, has launched its proprietary criminal registration and search system, ABHED (Artificial intelligence Based Human Efface Detection.) The, first-of-its-kind, app is going to enable police forces to opt for mobile-phone-based criminal registration, including biometric information.
Utilizing Staqu’s machine learning prowess, the ABHED app is set to expedite criminal search, missing person search, crime scene fingerprint matching, and more in the following ways:
- Every Police personnel will have its own login password to use the app for both, registering & search. The access can be controlled at different levels, with the mobile phone number of police personnel. The OTP based logins for profiling or searching ensure optimum security.
- With a simplified user-interface of the mobile phone app, police personnel can automatically profile criminals or missing people, including biometric information like fingerprints, voice & face pictures and can be integrated with the current CCTNS system.
- ABHED provides matching details from the criminal database within seconds, offering better accuracy than any other criminal recognition system
- Criminal search can be performed through FIR, available face images or fingerprints
- The App is available in both Hindi and English and can be extended to other languages as well.
Commenting on the launch, Atul Rai, CEO and Co-Founder of Staqu said, “At Staqu, we are inspired to utilize AI, to solve everyday challenges. With the launch of ABHED, we are utilizing our AI prowess, especially in machine learning, for enabling police forces to digitalize and automate profiling & search for criminals and missing people. It has further been a humbling experience to associate with the Alwar Police Department and commission a pioneer pilot program, utilizing AI for nabbing criminals and searching missing people. Given the rising rate of crimes and child trafficking, we hope for a brighter tomorrow, where advanced technology is best deployed to aid security forces.”
On commissioning the pilot program with Staqu, Mr. Rahul Prakash , Superintendent of Police, Alwar Police Department, said, “Technology is quickly seeping into our everyday lives and it was only a matter of time before the police department also joined the wave of digitalization and innovation. It has been an enriching experience, collaborating with Staqu and commissioning the unique pilot program that helps in maintaining digital records of criminals or missing people, and via advanced technology helps in searching for the same. Not only will the ABHED app assist the patrolling forces, it will also make the entire process easy, seamless and completely digital.”
On the implementation aspects of the launch, Mr. Paras Jain, Additional SP Alwar Police, said, “Our officers are really excited to have such a tool at their disposal. With its ease of searching, our investigation process will become extremely effective.”
The app perfectly works with the existing levels of infrastructure and technology penetration. Optimized for 2G or 3G networks, ABHED is well-equipped to handle thousands queries per seconds and supports unlimited searches & criminal profiles’ indexing.
Founded in 2015, the Staqu has painstakingly pioneered bidirectional image understanding, an innovative image-to-image matching system, simplifying image search, automated description generation and real time product recommendations.
With its prime focus on AI research, image processing, deep learning, computer vision and NLP, amongst other revolutionary technologies, Staqu has created VGrep API suite, offering virtual search engine and a hybrid recommendation engine.
Triumphing at IBM’s Global Entrepreneur Program Staqu got recognition under Startup India programme, and has successfully raised investment from Indian Angel Network.