Field Firing Ranges
The total number of Field Firing Ranges with the Indian Army are 66. It is not in the interest of national security to disclose further details.
The Criteria for setting up of new Field Firing range are as under:-
· Training and operational requirements of the Field Formations.
· Dependency of troops on the Field Firing Range.
· Availability of land to satisfy the danger area template for the weapon system(s) envisaged to be fired.
· Availability of good road and rail communication network.
· Economic viability of acquiring a Field Firing Range in the vicinity of the cantonments.
The Field Firing Range is set up based on the requirement of Indian Army. It is not in the interest of national security to disclose details of such proposals. However, there is no proposal for setting up of a Field Firing Range in the State of Jharkhand.