Minister of Women and Child Development, Smriti Zubin Irani has informed that The Government has set up National Nutrition Mission (renamed as POSHAN Abhiyaan) on 18.12.2017. The Abhiyaan was initially implemented in 315 districts in Phase-I during FY 2017-18. Another 235 districts were covered in Phase-II of the Abhiyaan in the beginning of FY 2018-19 while 32 additional districts were further included in Phase-II of the Abhiyaan in September, 2018. The remaining districts of all 36 States/UTs were covered under Phase-III of the Abhiyaan in December, 2018. The phased implementation of the Abhiyaan has resulted in a measured utilization of funds by the States/UTs.
As per the expenditure statements received from the States/UTs for FY 2018-19, the States/UTs have utilized funds amounting to ₹701.68 crore (including ₹569.92 Crore of Central Share and ₹131.76 Crore of State Share) as on 31.03.2019.MWCD has organized regular review meetings, video conferences with the States/UTs to ensure proper utilization of funds under the Abhiyaan.
As on 31.03.2019, all districts of the 36 States/UTs have been covered for implementation of POSHAN Abhiyaan.
The Progress and achievements made under POSHAN Abhiyaan as on 31.03.2019 are as follows:
- All districts of 36 States/UTs have been covered for roll-out.
- State, District and Block level Convergence meetings are held regularly in most of the States/UTs.
- 17,477 Master Trainers have been trained. Around 2.15 lakh AWWs have been trained for using ICDS-CAS Application.
- States/UTs are at various stages of procurement of smartphones. 3.21 lakh Smart Phones have been procured by the States/UTs.
- The guidelines /manuals of POSHAN Abhiyaan covering all aspects of the ICDS-CAS software, implementation, etc. have been formalized, printed and distributed up to district level.
- A ‘Call Centre’ has been established for interventions and beneficiary feedback.
- A comprehensive Jan Andolan Guidelines have been prepared in consultation with all partners and released to States/UTs and has been implemented by the States/UTs.
- Song & Drama Division, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting has been engaged to conduct Nationwideprogrammes.
- Mass Media Campaign has also been rolled out through Television and Radio.
- September, 2018 was celebrated as the RashtriyaPoshanMaah across the country. Approximately, 25 Crore people had participated and more than 22 lakh activities were conducted across the country during the RashtriyaPoshanMaah.
- Under Incremental Learning Approach (ILA), functionaries have been trained on thematic modules following the cascade mode of training of State Resource Group (SRG), District Resource Groups (DRGs) and Block Resource Groups (BRGs). Twenty one (21) ILA modules have been provided to the States/UTs. The States/UTs have started rolling out ILA modules.
- Community Based Events (CBEs) are organized in a converged manner in AnganwadiCentres with the field functionaries. Around 1.18 Crore CBEs have been organized till 31.03.2019.