Shri Rajiv Gauba IAS has been appointed as the new Cabinet Secretary, the Highest Bureaucrat Position in India. The following are 15 Points to know about Shri Gauba . He would be keeping the charge as Cabinet Secretary for next 2 years .
- Born in Punjab on 15/08/1959
- Graduated in Physics from Patna University and a Gold Medallist
- Belongs to the Jharkhand cadre of Indian Administrative Service
- Joined IAS in 1982 Batch
- Has served as DM & Collector for Muzaffarpur, Gaya and Nalanda
- Served as Chief Secretary for Jharkhand for 15 Months
- Was presently posted as Home Secretary
- Has served as PS to Defence Minister
- Has served with Urban Development Ministry
- Has served as Secretary I&B
- Had Earlier served as Additional Secretary at Home Ministry
- Rich experience of Policy Making & Programme Implementation
- Rich experience at Central , State & International Level
- Has served in Home, Defence, Finance , Environment & Forest Ministries
- Represented India on board of IMF for almost 4 years
As the Union Home Secretary, Shri Rajiv Gauba has handled very sensitive and tricky issues like internal security, militancy in J&K and the Northeast, Maoist problems in the central and east India besides other issues. With his rich expereince, he would surely be an asset to the Indian Governance System.
IndianBureaucracy.com wishes Shri Rajiv Gauba the very best.
More on Shri Rajiv Gauba : https://www.indianbureaucracy.com/tag/rajiv-gauba-ias/