On the directives of Central Vigilance Commission, IRCTC is observing Vigilance Awareness Week- 2016 on the theme “Public participation in promoting Integrity and eradicating Corruption” from 31st October to 5th November 2016.
In order to be aware and prevent cases of cheating/corruption, people are requested to observe the following DO’s and DONT’s while booking e-tickets and booking of meal orders to be delivered in trains/stations:
1. E- ticketing
- While creating your own personal ID at www.irctc.co.in, please give correct details like Name, Address, Mobile No., e-mail address etc.
- If booking through agent, book through IRCTC authorized Retail Service Providers (list available at www.irctc.co.in) and pay the prescribed IRCTC and Agent service charge per ticket irrespective of no. of passengers. Always insist to have cash receipt of the full amount paid by you.
- Please ensure that agent gives your mobile No. while booking so that you get SMS of ticket details including the Fare + other charges.
- Never purchase or sell e-tickets generated from personal user IDs. It is an offence under section 143 of the Railway Act 1989. E-tickets purchased/sold from personal user IDs are liable to be cancelled at any time.
- For overcharging/other irregularity committed by IRCTC authorized Retail Service Providers, lodge a complaint (alongwith copy of e-ticket and cash memo) with email@example.com .
- For booking of meal orders in trains/stations, use IRCTC website www.ecatering.irctc.co.in or phone numbers 1323 (Toll free) or SMS <MEAL><SPACE><PNR> to 139 or mobile application with name `Food on Track`.
- The sole website for booking of meal orders to be delivered in trains/at stations is the IRCTC E-catering website.
- All orders for delivery in train would bear the order number issued by IRCTC only.
- Lodge a E-catering related Complaint on mail id – firstname.lastname@example.org
IndianBureaucracy.com wishes the very best.