A Festival of India is being organized in Oman from 15 November, 2016 to 24 March, 2017. The Festival will showcase diverse Indian culture, i.e. classical and folk dance, music, Indian cuisine and Exhibition on Islamic Art Calligraphy. Artists from Jammu & Kashmir are also presenting folk dance and music of J & K. The events will be held in four cities of Oman, namely, Muscat, Sur, Sohar and Salalah. Following events will be showcased:
- An eight-member Classical (Indian creative ballet) by Hritaal Dance Group led by Mr. Jaydeep Palit from 15-19 November, 2016.
- Exhibition of Islamic Art Calligraphy by Rampur Raza Library from 21 November – 3 December, 2016.
- An eight-member Vocal Sufiana music by a group led by Dr. Soma Ghosh from 24 – 29 January, 2017.
- A fifteen-member Jammu & Kashmir dance and music group organized by North Zone Cultural Centre, Patiala from 10 – 14 February, 2017.
- Food Festival by India Tourism Development Corporation, Ministry of Tourism from 15 – 19 March, 2017.
- Fashion Show by National Institute of Fashion Technology/Ministry of Textiles – March, 2017