Shri Nitin Gadkari, Union Minister for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises has informed that The Ministry of MSME, through Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) is implementing the following programmes/schemes and activities throughout the country including in Jammu and Kashmir:
- Prime Minister’s Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP)
- Market Promotion and Development Assistance (MPDA)
- Interest Subsidy Eligibility Certificate (ISEC) Scheme
- Khadi Reform and Development Programme (KRDP)
- Workshed scheme for Khadi Artisans
- Strengthening of Infrastructure of Existing Weak Khadi Institutions and Assistance for Marketing Infrastructure
- Aam Adami Bima Yojana (Group Insurance Scheme for Khadi Artisans)
- Scheme of Fund for Regeneration of Traditional Industries (SFURTI)
- Honey Mission (Bee-keeping)
- Pottery Programme (Kumhar Sashaktikaran Programme)
KVIC is running one training centre – Production Cum Marketing Cum Training Centre (PMTC) at Pampore (District Pulwama), besides running one Sub Office at Pampore and State Office at Jammu.
The Centre at Pampore provides training in cutting and tailoring, mehandi designing, embroidery, mobile repairing etc. to youth and also gives them handholding support by bringing them in the fold of PMEGP to give them chance of earning their livelihood. The Centre also imparts 10 days EDP training to PMEGP beneficiaries.
The KVIC centre/office at Pampore has distributed pottery wheels and Honey Boxes to potters and beekeepers in the Kashmir valley under Sahyog Scheme.
Performance of Production Cum Marketing Cum Training Centre (PMTC) Pampore, J&K
|S. No||Year||Regular Training||EDP||EAP||Awareness Camp|
KVIC revived the historical training Centre (PMTC) at Pampore in J&K on 22.8.2017 and the achievements made by it and KVIC during the last three years is as under:
- Organised two Awareness Programmes in Kargil & Leh under SC/ST Special Drive (PMEGP) programme;
- Distributed 100 Bee-Boxes with Honey Colonies and Certificates to the Trainees at PMTC Pampore on 25.10.2017;
- Started cropping Saffron under ‘Saffron Mission’ at PMTC, Pampore;
- 320 Bee hives, colonies, tool kits distributed to 32 farmers after one-week training of bee keeping at village Gajansoo, Dist Jammu on 25.3.2018;
- Distributed 320 Bee hives, colonies, tool kits distributed to 32 farmers at Jammu;
- Celebrated World Honey Day at Ganderbal;
- Distributed 2330 bee-boxes at Kupwara, creates World Record;
- Imparted EDP training to 150 PMEGP beneficiaries at Kargil (where no RSETI is present);
- Imparted Pottery training to 180 Traditional Potters in various Districts of the Kashmir Region and were provided electric pottery machines;
- Imparted Pottery training at Likker Village Leh and distributed 20 Electric Pottery Machines;
- Distributed 1000 Bee Boxes to 100 beneficiaries at Kupwara on 17.07.2019;
- Distributed 28 electric pottery machines to 28 beneficiaries.